What is the Oasis?
The Oasis is an outreach that seeks to reach out to Persian refugees through the means of ESL(English as a Second language). The goal is to teach English to the glory of God and the ability to preach the gospel in word and deed.
Athens, Greece is the first stop of the refugee journey for many different ethnic groups. In a land that saw the likes of the Apostle Paul and heard the gospel resound through the region, there is great need to see that same gospel proclaimed as the nations arrive on the doorstep of Athens.
How is Parkview involved?
The Oasis allows 1 week teams to come and experience for sitting in on ESL classes where volunteers can interact and share the love of Christ with Persian students. Parkview is sending Joe and Susan Crocker to attend the 1 week experience to have a vision trip of what God is doing among Persians in Athens.
How can you help?
Joe and Susan ask our church family to be in prayer for them as they prepare for this trip and have shared the following prayer requests:
- Pray that we will be diligent in completing the necessary training.
- Pray for our health and safety now and while we are on the trip.
- Pray for the refugees with whom we will be working.
- Pray that we will be sensitive to and be understanding of the culture.
- Pray for the team in Greece as they prepare for our arrival.
- Pray for our planning (flight and housing) while in Athens.
- Pray that, as we establish relationships with the refugees, we will be able to have gospel conversations.
- Pray that we will be a blessing to and can help the missionary family in Athens.
- Pray that God will touch our lives through the work there.